Last Revised 6.12.20
What personal information do we collect from the people that use the Motherbaby Network?
When using the Motherbaby Network, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, preferred means of contact, delivery date, or other details to help you with the user experience. We collect background check and identity verification information for doulas. This may include information such as a criminal record (where permitted by law), and right to work. This information may be collected by an authorized vendor on Motherbaby’s behalf.
When do we collect information?
We collect information directly from you when you register on our site, install our mobile app, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, respond to a survey or marketing communication, or enter information on our site and app. We collect information from you indirectly when you surf our website or use certain features of the Motherbaby Network.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information that we collect from you in the following ways:
- To improve the functionality and customization of the Motherbaby Network.
- To better respond to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other feature of the Motherbaby Network.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding our services and related products.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
How do we protect your information?
Your privacy is important to us. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a professional gateway provider that uses industry-standard, state-of-the-art security measures. Transaction information is not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use “cookies”?
You can choose to have your computer or device warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
You can learn more about cookies at the Federal Trade Commission website.
Do we share the information we collect with Third Parties?
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To Doulas of the Motherbaby Network as defined in the Major Care Terms of Service (the “Agreement”) and to third parties in order to fulfill, apply and enforce the terms of that Agreement and other agreements, including for sales, service, payment, and collection purposes.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Motherbaby’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Motherbaby about the Users of the Motherbaby Network as defined in the Agreement is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose after first obtaining your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Motherbaby, our customers, or others if in our sole discretion we determine that disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We take brand partnerships very seriously and only work with select companies that are closely aligned with our personal beliefs and professional purpose. Currently, we do not accept any advertising on our site from any third parties. Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on the Motherbaby Network. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Motherbaby Network and welcome any feedback about such sites.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
The Motherbaby Network is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information on the Motherbaby Network, or on or through any of their features; do not register on the Motherbaby Network; do not use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Motherbaby Network; and do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name that you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.