Why didn’t anyone tell me? Is this normal? Is this OK? What should I do?
We hear this. A lot. Because after 9 months of care, support, and services, it all comes to a screeching halt once you’ve had the baby. Families are left to figure everything out alone. And guess what? We’re the only developed country doing that. It’s a big part of why America has the worst postpartum outcomes of all developed countries. (Source: UNFPA, et al, 2019)
Dedicated Postpartum Care
Major Care™ connects new parents with virtual certified postpartum doulas to provide affordable and accessible remote care. Wherever you live, whenever you need it, we are there.
Our postpartum doulas are coast-to-coast and are certified through the nation’s leading birthwork agencies, including DONA International, CAPPA, Pro Doula, and Birth Arts International. Many have secondary certifications or training in lactation, perinatal depression and anxiety, and baby wearing.
Doulas are trained, non-medical postpartum experts who are there to support you, educate you, cheer you on, and give you resources and recommendations. Common questions and concerns include breast/chestfeeding, bottle feeding, pumping, postpartum body care and healing, baby care, and emotional ups and downs. We can address all of that in video sessions and texting!
Postpartum care is critical for the baby and the birth person. Every study available proves what we know: When a postpartum doula is involved, the entire family has a healthier, safer, and better experience.
We are here for you.
Mandy Major, PCD(DONA)
Founder and CEO
Mandy is a mother on a mission to change how America handles the fourth trimester. After learning first-hand how little we support and inform new parents during postpartum, she left her 10-year career in digital media to dedicate herself to birth work and closing the gap in postpartum care. Today, she is a certified postpartum doula PCD(DONA), the founder of Major Care™, and the creator of My Fourth, the first-ever postpartum app devoted to mothers and birth parents. Mandy holds a MA from Columbia Journalism School and is a perinatal expert for Healthline.com, among other publications. You can follow her work @doulamandy.
Nathan Riley, MD
Head of Digital Health Strategy
Nathan is a new father and telehealth advocate who pursued medicine as a tool for social justice. After completing his medical studies at Temple University in Philadelphia, he completed his residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center. After two years as a hospital-based obstetrician, he left the field and became an advocate for community-based, person-centered birth and an agent for changing postpartum care in the United States. He hosts the Obgyno Wino Podcast and is the founder of Beloved Holistics.
Digital Content Manager
Editorial lead, full-spectrum doula, birth story specialist and birth work mentor
Birth & Postpartum Doula
Certified Postpartum Doula CPD(CAPPA), Certified Birth Doula CLD(CAPPA), Certified Lactation Educator CLE(CAPPA), Mental Health First Aid Certified and trained Birth Story Listener
Specialities: Preemies, multiples, birth trauma and/or injury, single parents, perinatal mood disorders, baby wearing, lactation
Certified Full-Spectrum Doula (BADT), Certified Childbirth Educator (Commonsense Childbirth), Certified Lactation Educator (Commonsense Childbirth), Certified Reiki Practitioner (IARP) and Herbal Medicine Practitioner (CSHM)
Specialities: BIPOC and LGBTQ+ focused approaches, Caribbean and Moroccan traditional postpartum care, trauma-informed approaches, mental health and wellness support, herbal medicine
DONA postpartum trained (certification in progress), CLC lactation consultant in training (UC San Diego)
Specialities: Lactation support, babywearing education, elimination communication support, postpartum nutritional guidance and nutrition science blended with traditional Japanese practices
Certified Postpartum Doula PCD(DONA), Certified Lactation Counselor CLC (UC San Diego), Ayurveda Postpartum Doula and Newborn Care Specialist
Specialities: Multiples, preemies, surrogacy, adoptive parents
DONA Certified Postpartum Doula
Specialities: Sibling adjustment, baby wearing
Certified Postpartum Doula PCD(DONA), CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator (CAPPA)
Specialities: Lactation, baby wearing
Fluent in Spanish
- "I love this. The Resource Library was great, and I appreciated how short the daily updates were since there's so little time to read." [My Fourth App] —Dr. Sarah Simmons
- "I liked the short videos. The tone was friendly and informative. I often used app while nursing, and plan to check out the Resource Library more thoroughly." —Sydney B.
- "I've really enjoyed using [My Fourth]. The videos are short and engaging enough that they don't feel like a chore to watch and I don't feel my attention wandering. I liked the additional tips below the videos. I like that the content has a non-judgmental, inclusive, modern sensibility." —Nora B.
- "This app is amazing. It's like the Wonder Weeks for postpartum tips." [My Fourth] —Jen C.
- "I looked forward to our chats every week. What I liked most was that our conversation didn’t end after the 35 minutes. [She] always followed up with an email about what we talked about, she researched different baby items for me to try, she sent helpful articles. She would also send out daily texts to see how I was doing. I’m now almost 4 months postpartum and feeling great. [She] helped me get to this point. Obviously I worked really hard to get here, but I know I couldn’t have done it without her. I am forever grateful."—Stacey B.
- “It’s been a great motivator for me, and I’m so grateful.” —Barbara C.