You just had a baby. You need to eat. But you don’t really need to be cooking (or spending tons of money on takeout). So, you need a meal train! A meal train is a meal scheduling/coordination system. Generally, it’s an online calendar system where your friends and family can sign up to bring you…read more
Having a Baby is Major!
We're here to help.
Doulas aren’t just for birth! We pair new parents with virtual
postpartum doulas for 24/7 care and connection.
Answers, Advice, and Support. Whenever You Need it.
Every single day is different in the fourth trimester.
That’s why we created My Fourth.
Our app (currently in beta) offers daily guidance, a wellness tracker and doulas-on-demand to empower your postpartum experience.
3 out of 4
Birth persons are discharged from the hospital without information on postpartum best practices.
Doulas can help bridge the care gap. We know what’s normal, what’s not, and how to care for your healing body. Lactation? We support that, too. (Source: Aeroflow 2020 Survey)
- Guide you through the norms of what to expect after birth.
- Offer the best practices for breastfeeding, pumping, and/or bottle feeding.
- Help your entire family successfully transition into new parenthood.
- Support your emotional health and wellbeing.
I didn’t know a lot about postpartum doulas. I thought, ‘Oh, that’s so crunchy.’ But It doesn’t have to be. I was trying to cobble that relationship together with various people and groups … it would have been nice to have a relationship with one person who knew my history and knew me and could check in with me.
Kristina, first-time mother
- Body care and vaginal healing
- C-section wound care and best practices
- Breast/chestfeeding and pumping
- Formula and bottle feeding
- Baby care
- Baby wearing
- Soothing and swaddling
- Recommendations and resources
- Emotional ups and downs
- Bathroom concerns
- Intimacy and relationships
- Your birth story and transition into parenthood
Follow us on Instagram @majorcaredoulas
Providing Evidence-Based Care
Heartfelt support? Expert guidance? Yes, and yes, all grounded in evidence-based facts and information.
The Major Care™ Promise
We support and welcome all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and gender identity expressions.
Community & BIPOC Initiatives
Follow us on social for the latest on organizations we support and recruiting efforts for doulas.